Friday, February 24, 2017

Boy gets injured in weekend outing at shopping mall playground

Lo (right) showing the photos of the injuries on his son’s fingers as a result of the accident. On his right is Chong.
KUCHING: What was supposed to be a weekend outing on Jan 21, turned out to be a nightmare for Lo Woei Herng and his wife when their seven-year-old son was involved in an accident while playing in a playground at a shopping mall here.
The rotating blades of a blower fan in the middle of the playground which was left unattended had caused two of their son’s fingers to be severely injured up to the fingernail.
Speaking at a press conference here yesterday, Lo said the mishap happened after his wife had left their children at the playground in the shopping mall upon paying RM3 per child before running errands at the mall.
According to him, there was no ‘safety officer’ in attendance to handle the mishap or at least help to send his son for medical attention after the accident happened.
“There was only a female staff on duty who came with a first aid kit. She tried to stop the bleeding on the fingers but it didn’t help.”
He said he and his wife only knew about the accident when a parent called his wife to tell her what had happened and “asked my wife to pick my son up and send him to the hospital.”
“To her disappointment, there was no one from the playground management who came to help guide my wife.
“My son could not walk at that time because there was a lot of blood and he was traumatised. After paying the parking ticket, my wife, together with the staff sent my son to the hospital,” Lo told a press conference here yesterday, which was also attended by Bandar Kuching MP Chong Chieng Jen.
Lo said his son needed to be admitted into the private hospital for an operation due to a bone fracture but nobody from the playground management was around to bear the responsibility for the medical expenses, despite attempts by the staff to contact the management.
“What if I’m poor and could not afford the RM4,000 deposit asked by the hospital on that day. What should I do? There was nobody from the management who could take care of this case and the staff who accompanied my wife could not make any decision because only the manager could decide.
“I had no choice but to pay the RM4,000 deposit myself to enable my boy to undergo an operation as soon as possible. I even called the management to request for a meeting but it seemed that they treated the accident with no sense of urgency.
“It was only on the next Monday that they called me to meet their management. But when I reached the office, I was only attended to by two staff who asked for the medical bill.”
Lo said he then told them that he was there not only to ask for the playground operator to be responsible for his son’s medical bill, but also to seek an apology and discuss the danger posed by the blower fan in the playground.
“Today, the accident happened to my boy who is seven years old. What about the three or four-year-old kids if they accidentally put their head into the blower fan? That is very dangerous. I was even told by an officer that the closed-circuit television (CCTV) at the playground was not working when I asked about the progress of their investigation on the accident.
“They have maintenance works done every Monday but that fan had been located in that area for the past two months. Because the inflatable toys are not working anymore, then that thing (blower fan) was not supposed to be there.
“According to the officer, she had no idea who switched on the fan and considering the switch was located very high from the ground, kids will not be able to switch it on. Also, they never apologised and treated it as if nothing had happened until this day.”
Lo said he was very angry when the officer told him “not to treat the shopping mall’s playground as a nursery”.
“I believe the playground is operated to ease the parents to go shopping and put their kids there. They are collecting a fee so they should take responsibility for kids’ safety and not putting this kind of dangerous blower fan inside the playground.”
Lo’s wife lodged a police report over the incident on Jan 21.
Meanwhile, Chong said he had written a letter to State Police Commissioner Datuk Mazlan Mansor to request for the case to be investigated and if necessary, prosecution to be brought against the management of the playground for their negligence.
“The management of playground should be held accountable and should not ignore such an accident that has occurred on their premises.”
To a question, Chong said the disclaimer erected at the playground only works to a certain extent.
“It may be a contract between the parents and management of the shopping mall but it does not absolve the mall from their responsibility in terms of criminal law. Even with the disclaimer, if there is an act on the part of the management to put a dangerous item into the playground, I think that disclaimer will not work to exonerate the management from any liability or responsibility on the injuries that happened in the playground.”
Attempts to contact the person in charge of the playground were futile as she was on leave.
TheBorneoPost 

某广场送风机搅伤童手 张健仁:做错事就要负责任

砂行动党主席张健仁律师(左)昨日与受害小童的父亲罗伟恒一同召开新闻发布会,并展示小童受伤手指的照片。
(本报古晋23日讯)小童手指遭某广场游乐场充气设施送风机搅伤而血肉模糊,管理层没有任何交代,行动党砂主席张健仁律师今日致函予砂警察总监,希望警方将此事列为刑事案处理,而非民事纠纷,包括321条文的自发造成伤害及322条文的自发造成严重伤害等。
广场没给任何交代
张健仁今日与受害小童的父亲罗伟恒一同召开新闻发布会上指出,其在今年华人新春之前致函给该广场,希望获得交代及道歉,然而,至今并无获得下文。因此,今日致函予砂警察总监,盼以刑事案来调查及处理此事。
小童手指受伤,每每包扎等,都经历十指连心的钻心痛楚。
他形容,相关条文阐明,若一个人进行一件事将危害某些人的安全和生命,该人就已经触法。在刑事法典之下,会被判监禁,若造成伤害将被判监禁最高1年,若造成严重伤害将被判监禁最高7年。
他认为,信函中也列出其它条文,并吁请警方采取积极行动进行调查。
做错事就要负责任
他解释,即便该广场设有“危险”声明,在一些情况下,这些声明是有效益的;一旦有关案件构成刑事罪状,这些声明的效益完全没效,毕竟商家在出示“危险”声明的情况下,仍把危险道具放置在现场。
7岁小童一时不慎,左手中指、无名指遭充气游乐设施之送风机搅伤,当场血流如注,除了两个手指被搅碎,手指尾端骨头因此而受伤。
他狠批,该广场主人虽有钱有势,但我们的国家社会仍有法律约束,这还是一个法制的社会及国家,做错事就要负责任。
同时,受害小童的父亲罗伟恒透露,7岁的儿子在母亲带领下前往该广场游乐场游玩,儿子一时不慎,左手中指、无名指遭充气游乐设施之送风机搅伤,当场血流如注,除了两个手指被搅碎,手指尾端骨头因此而受伤。
仅让呈上医疗收据
他说,儿子受伤的时候,当值的女职员只有一名,妻子除了照顾年幼的女儿之外,还要自己去缴付停车费,及载送儿子到附近的私人诊所急救。
他质疑,儿童游乐场所内,因何放置这么危险的道具。更令他不忿的是,该广场并未在事发后立即采取行动,就连基本慰问都没有。
他称,管理层代表至今只与他会面一次,对方只是让他呈上医疗收据,并没给予交代及致歉。
他强调,钱并不能解决一切,想了解如此的情况因何发生,并感叹儿子已经受伤了,希望以后不会有其他小孩受害。
转载自诗华日报

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

张健仁:取缔猪毛漆刷 极端宗教主义渗透砂

张健仁(右2)在特别助理阿都阿兹(左起)、行动党实旦宾区国会议员陈国彬和特别助理俞利文陪同下,针对取缔猪毛油漆刷课题召开新闻发布会。
(本报古晋9日讯)砂行动党强烈谴责贸消部取缔五金店售卖没有标志的猪毛油漆刷,并强调这显示巫统的极端宗教主义政策已经渗透砂拉越!

行动党砂州主席张健仁今日召开新闻发布会时表示,巫统的极端主义政策将分化砂拉越人民的团结,制造穆斯林与非穆斯林之间的仇恨,摧毁砂拉越各族自豪的和谐社会结构。
“这也证明,虽然巫统并不存在砂拉越,但是依然影响砂拉越人民的生活。”
他质问,马来西亚成立54年,猪毛油漆刷一直在砂拉越并非一个课题,为何拿督阿玛阿邦佐哈里上任砂首长不到一个月,就变成大问题?
“阿邦佐哈里是否允许巫统的政策在砂拉越执行?砂政府如果允许,下一个问题就是这个极端主义程度会到哪里?是否屋子使用猪毛刷油漆,穆斯林就不能住?”
也是古晋区国会议员兼哥打圣淘沙区州议员的张健仁强调,砂拉越的社会结构是建立在世俗国基础,各族各宗教互相礼让,相处融洽。
吁首长表明立场
他表示,砂拉越必须一开始就要拒绝巫统的政策渗透,不让它影响砂拉越享有的和平安定。
他声言,阿邦佐哈里虽然与巫统的关系很亲密,但是这份关系不应该影响砂拉越各族的和谐,因此呼吁阿邦佐哈里立刻表明立场,停止这种极端主义在砂拉越蔓延。
他说,根据报导指出,贸消部在砂拉越13个地点同步进行取缔,被充公的油漆刷将送去化验,售卖的商家也可能被控上法庭,最高罚款10万令吉,或三年监禁,或两者兼施。
“行动党将帮助被提控的商家,提供法律援助。”
张健仁继称,有关我国贸消部取缔猪毛油漆刷的新闻,已在澳洲有大势报导,这将令外国人误认为马来西亚是塔利班主义,因此必须尽快停止这个行动,尤其是砂拉越更要率先停止,否则最终对我国并没有好处。
转载自诗华日报

Saturday, February 11, 2017

张健仁促请首长下令 不执行取缔猪毛漆器

左起黄庆伟、张健仁和杨薇讳展示该党为民提供的告示贴纸。
(本报古晋10日讯)行动党砂州委员会主席张健仁呼吁砂土保党主席拿督阿玛阿邦佐哈里下令﹐要求国内贸易及消费部副部长兼砂土保党最高理事亨利逊阿贡禁止在砂拉越展开取缔猪毛漆器的行动,也不要在砂拉越执行有关条例。

“阿邦佐哈里身为砂土保党的‘老大’有绝对的权力﹐要求党员下令不执行有关条例,得以真正解决有关问题的源头。”
针对取缔猪毛漆器行动喊停一事,行动党砂州委员会主席张健仁披露,有关的指示只是暂时的,并不是完全停止执行2013年商标(猪或狗部位制成品)条例。
只是暂时暂停取缔
张健仁今日在浮罗岸区州议员黄庆伟和朋岭区州议员杨薇讳的陪同下假砂行动党总部召开新闻发布会时表示,从贸消部长所发出的文告显示,有关的暂停取缔行动只是暂时的,很明显国阵政府在“带过”有关课题。
他认为,因着有关取缔事件造成砂拉越各族之间敏感的课题﹐不应只是暂时停止取缔行动,而是要发出官方信函停止在砂拉越执行有关条例。
他称,近日贸消部是根据2013年商标(猪或狗部位制成品)条例的执行取缔行动,而来自砂土保党的贸消部副部长亨利逊阿贡有权力要求贸消部执行有关任务及停止有关任务。
免破坏砂各族间和谐
因此,他呼吁砂首长拿督阿玛阿邦佐哈里要求亨利逊阿贡法令停止在砂拉越执行有关条例,避免破坏砂拉越各族间的和谐。
他指出,近4天的取缔行动也反映出马来西亚在国际主要媒体上,造成对我国多数的印象是已迈向成为塔利班国的方向,宗教极端主义已在扎根。
他质问砂首长拿督阿玛阿邦佐哈里,为何在他的领军下,有关事件会延烧至砂拉越?为何在该事件上仍保持沉默?
他指出,不久前,当西马基督徒不得使用“阿拉”字眼时,砂拉越已故首长阿迪南很快便出来说,砂拉越基督徒可用“阿拉”的字眼。
转自诗华日报 11-2-2017

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Sarawak DAP offers legal aid to pig bristle brush traders

Traders may still face prosecution for mislabelling the products even though the raids on shops have stopped.

KUCHING: Sarawak DAP has offered legal assistance to traders in the state who may be prosecuted for mislabelling pig-bristle paintbrushes even though the domestic trade, cooperatives and consumerism minister has called for a halt to the raids on shops.
Sarawak DAP leader Chong Chieng Jen expressed relief at the call to end the raids that he claimed would “destroy the harmonious social fabric” of Sarawak and cause “ill feelings” among the ethnic groups there.
“Such extremism has no place in Sarawak and we should not allow it.
“Sarawak is built on principles of a secular state and a foundation of tolerance and respect for all races and religions,” he said today.
It was reported that 13 business premises were raided in the state and hundreds of brushes seized for forensic tests.
Business owners can be prosecuted and fined a maximum RM100,000 and jailed up to three years or both, if found guilty.
Deputy Chief Minister James Jemut Masing is also glad to see the end of the raids.
“I am happy to note that Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Minister Hamzah Zainudin has ordered a stop to the raids on shops in Malaysia.
“They were uncalled for, especially in Sarawak,” he said.
Hamzah has ordered enforcement officers to cease all raids, following a Cabinet decision.
Traders have been given a month to correctly label their goods, including to specify if they are made of materials derived from pig or dog.
The ministry has so far seized a total of 2,000 paintbrushes made of pig bristles, in nationwide raids since Tuesday.
Masing denounced the raids as detrimental to inter-religious relations.
“Overzealous behaviour of Muslim authorities regarding products sold in Malaysia will cause ill feelings in people of other religions. It will divide instead of unite (the people) as we live in a multi-faith society.”
Freemalaysiatoday February 9,2017

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

张健仁:谢绝沈桂贤邀请 行动党不加入国阵

(古晋7日讯)砂民主行动党主席张健仁国州议员强调,该党绝对不会支持和加入以贪腐政策管理国家的国阵。

他说,我国的政、经、文、教,4大领域就是给国阵搞到一团糟,而人民生活则被弄得水深火热。
“因此要民主行动党加入国阵或人联党,这个绝对是不可能的事件。”
亦是古晋区国会议员兼哥打圣淘沙区州议员的张健仁是针对沈桂贤日前邀请在野党加入人联党,以加强华人在国阵的代表,做出如此回应。
他指出,到今天国阵各个成员党还是支持和认同着纳吉的国际丑闻及一马发展公司,为国家的经济带来灾难性的破坏,经济上伤害全部马来西亚和砂拉越人民。
“更何况,人联党曾在州和联邦选举全胜,拥有空前强大的代表权在国阵的体系内。
但在人联党全盛时期,它并无法为华社带来任何利益,甚至连独中拨款也没有。”
有竞争才有进步
他称,事实和历史证明,只有当在野党的力量开始壮大,给予国阵更大的压力和竞争,甚至有替代政权的可能性存在时,人民才会得到更公平的对待。
张健仁以独中拨款为例表示,这也是在人联党输掉13个州议席和6个国会议席之后,砂政府才有做出如是拨款。而这就是典型的“有竞争才有进步”的例子。
转载自诗华日报

Friday, February 3, 2017

张健仁:阻快捷通进来 砂公交由砂来管

民主行动党古晋市国会议员张健仁表示,州公共交通领域应该由砂政府来经营改善和提升。
(本报古晋2日讯)为了减缓古晋市日益严重的交通拥挤问题,吉隆坡快捷通巴士有限公司(RapidKL)或将在近期内在古晋营运,民主行动党古晋市国会议员张健仁对此表示﹐州政府不但应该阻止,也应交由砂政府来控制、管理和提升本地公共交通。

张健仁今日在受访时表示,基本上,吉隆坡快捷通巴士有限公司是和巫统有关联。他认为这种开放该该公司进来处理本地公共交通设施,有违砂州主权。
他补充并不反对政府提升公共交通,而且也一直呼吁政府应该大幅度改善这一方面的需求。并表示州政府应该提升公共交通领域。
他说,一旦开放了之后,将由西马公司来做决策,州政府才来深讨﹐为时已晚。
转载自诗华日报