The following are the 10 questions that I have submitted for the coming Dewan Undangan Sarawak sitting which will start tomorrow:
1. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state all the projects announced by the State Government and the Federal Government in Sarawak during the campaign period of the 11th Sarawak State Elections, the respective estimated costs of such projects and the expected time for completion thereof.
2. To ask the Honourable Minister of Modernization of Agriculture to state the status of the Project Jelapang Padi in Kawasan Batang Lupar, Sri Aman which was announced in year 2013. How many farmers participated in the project, the total costs incurred and their respective padi yield.
3. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state how the total sum of RM905,900,000 approved under Public Finance for Minor Rural Projects for year 2015 was spent and to list all the projects undertaken, their respective descriptions, locations and costs and the respective names of the contractors and recipients concerned.
4. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to list all the power generation plants in Sarawak and to state the maximum electricity generating capacity of Sarawak Energy Berhad and the demand from its organic and non-organic customers for the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016.
5. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state whether Bakun HEP is generating electricity at its full capacity of 2,400 MW and if otherwise, the reason for not generating electricity at its full capacity. How is the situation of Murum Dam in this respect?
6. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state the detailed particulars of payments made under the item of “Government Contribution Towards Approved Agencies” in the Development Fund for the years 2013 till 2016, the names of the recipients of such allocation and the purposes therefor.
7. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state the detailed racial breakdown of the government officers of different scales (from heads of departments till the lowest scales) in the State civil services, statutory bodies and government-linked companies.
8. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state the status and details of the sale of SACOFA Sdn Bhd shares to CMS group of companies and the ultimate benefits such privatization will bring to Sarawakians in terms of tele-communication and internet coverage and their respective costs, both in the rural and urban areas.
9. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state the details in respect of the proposed construction and completion of the Mukah Airport, including the tender process (whether it is by way of open tender or otherwise), name of the contractor awarded the project and the estimated amount and time of completion thereof.
10. To ask the Honourable Chief Minister to state the number of Sarawakian medical, dentistry and pharmacy degree holders who are currently unable to start their respective careers due to the lack of vacancies in government hospitals. What action is the State Government taking to resolve this problem?
Chong Chieng Jen
MP for Bandar Kuching / ADUN for Kota Sentosa